Call of Duty: Black Ops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in?

5 posters

Go down

What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in? Empty What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in?

Post  Nobo Thu May 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Lets admit, Treyarch left everybody wondering. There are so many rumors going around that Call of Duty: Black Ops going to take place in the Vietnam War. When the teaser came out it really confused people. When I saw the teaser I thought that it would take place in the future (like Modern Warfare did), but I am unsure. When do you think it will take place?
Nobo
Nobo

http://naxweb.webs.com

Back to top Go down

What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in? Empty Vietnam

Post  DaBeurt Fri May 07, 2010 9:47 am

Personally what i saw in the teaser trailler
is a special ops getting revived in our time
but you play his life in vietnam
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in? Empty Re: What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in?

Post  Nobo Fri May 07, 2010 1:08 pm

DaBeurt wrote:Personally what i saw in the teaser trailler

That's what I was thinking. The game probably is all flashbacks (you play the main character's memories).
Nobo
Nobo

Back to top Go down

What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in? Empty Re: What time period do you think "Call of Duty: Black Ops" takes place in?

Post  MichaelC Fri May 07, 2010 2:51 pm

From what past Call of Duty games have done, you might not even be one character, though this may seem unlikely. It could possibly be the history of a "Special Ops" team, going to war when the actual army doesn't. Like a private contractor. If this is true it can take place during the end of WW2 and on. They said there would be fighting in Vietnam, Cuba, and from the video it looks like Russia. With all of these it looks like COD is just trying to touch on certain parts of a war, not the entire war like COD5 has done.

P.S. We want some zombies!

MichaelC

Back to top Go down

Post  soni2295 Fri May 07, 2010 3:44 pm

treyarch said it will be based in cold war, wich is a big spawn, they said it will include cuba, artic and vietnam. in the trailer i saw lots of stuff from vietnam war.

soni2295

Back to top Go down

Post  Nobo Fri May 07, 2010 5:23 pm

soni2295 wrote:treyarch said it will be based in cold war, wich is a big spawn, they said it will include cuba, artic and vietnam. in the trailer i saw lots of stuff from vietnam war.
I thought that it might be an alternative to the Cold War because it shows a nuke being launched in the trailer. No nukes were launched in the Vietnam War or the Cold War.
Nobo
Nobo

Back to top Go down

Post  soni2295 Sat May 08, 2010 12:49 pm

Nobo wrote:
soni2295 wrote:treyarch said it will be based in cold war, wich is a big spawn, they said it will include cuba, artic and vietnam. in the trailer i saw lots of stuff from vietnam war.
I thought that it might be an alternative to the Cold War because it shows a nuke being launched in the trailer. No nukes were launched in the Vietnam War or the Cold War.

maybe no in the war site, but hundreds of nuclear test launches had place while the cold war, and how are you sure that was a nuclear explosion?
soni2295
soni2295

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBeurt Wed May 12, 2010 12:56 am

Nobo wrote:

That's what I was thinking. The game probably is all flashbacks (you play the main character's memories).

yeah but it's weird to see so much different places he's been to war
so probably you play as 3 or 2 characters
1 in vietnam
1 in cuba
maybe 1 as a spy in russia during the cold war?

who know's
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

Post  soni2295 Wed May 12, 2010 1:02 am

DaBeurt wrote:
1 in vietnam
1 in cuba

who know's

yea a stealth mission like in 007, its confirmed the crossbow as weapon so maybe rambo is a posibily.
soni2295
soni2295

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBeurt Wed May 12, 2010 2:24 am

soni2295 wrote:
DaBeurt wrote:
1 in vietnam
1 in cuba

who know's

yea a stealth mission like in 007, its confirmed the crossbow as weapon so maybe rambo is a posibily.

yeah maybe we'll know soon enough
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

Post  24/7 Yamato Wed May 12, 2010 8:17 am

Vietnam and Cuba war, I think

24/7 Yamato

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBeurt Thu May 13, 2010 12:35 pm

24/7 Yamato wrote:Vietnam and Cuba war, I think
Let's hope for one more scene lol.. ^^
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

Post  24/7 Yamato Sat May 15, 2010 4:21 am

They have to put a mission as Rambo in Vietnam, hahaha, the wars I think that there are in Vietnam and Cuba

24/7 Yamato

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBeurt Sat May 15, 2010 5:12 am

24/7 Yamato wrote:They have to put a mission as Rambo in Vietnam, hahaha, the wars I think that there are in Vietnam and Cuba

that's what many people say, it's probably true too
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

Post  soni2295 Sat May 15, 2010 12:59 pm

24/7 Yamato wrote:They have to put a mission as Rambo in Vietnam, hahaha, the wars I think that there are in Vietnam and Cuba

not the real rambo, because it trademarked i think, juts a rambo-like charcater.
soni2295
soni2295

Back to top Go down

Post  JoshCF1 Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Nobo wrote:

same here, you can see a date in the teaser while some guy is taking about helping you remember there is the year 2010 and some other numbers on some kind of clock or digital calender

JoshCF1

Back to top Go down

Post  soni2295 Sun May 16, 2010 8:32 pm

JoshCF1 wrote:
Nobo wrote:

same here, you can see a date in the teaser while some guy is taking about helping you remember there is the year 2010 and some other numbers on some kind of clock or digital calender

like a old man revealing his war shins before he die?
soni2295
soni2295

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBeurt Mon May 17, 2010 12:09 am

soni2295 wrote:
JoshCF1 wrote:
Nobo wrote:

yeah something like that, or maybe there's a big secret that only he knows, that could explain the docters word:" We need to bring him back."
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

Post  soni2295 Mon May 17, 2010 12:12 am

DaBeurt wrote:
soni2295 wrote:
yeah something like that, or maybe there's a big secret that only he knows, that could explain the docters word:" We need to bring him back."

trying to revive him to make him tell the secret incident during the war.
soni2295
soni2295

Back to top Go down

Post  DaBeurt Mon May 17, 2010 12:31 am

soni2295 wrote:
DaBeurt wrote:
soni2295 wrote:

trying to revive him to make him tell the secret incident during the war.
jup that would be cool that way people want to play singleplayer untill the last batle where the secret reveals itself.
DaBeurt
DaBeurt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down